This summer I had the pleasure and honor to be included in a special dinner event put together by a bunch of us wedding vendors/talented women. As friends who love to see each other, but often don't have a lot of time, we wanted to do something special and also tie in a bit of each persons work - while having a blast!
Patricia and Chandara gave each of the vendors invited to the Clam Bake a special project that was in tune with their area of expertise. I made colorful accessories for each woman to wear, hand beaded napkin holders and festive drink stirrers (remember that DIY project on my blog earlier this month?).
The other lovely guests:
Emily of Lael Cakes.
Amber of Amber Gress photography.
Courtney of Love + Brain Films.
It was a truly delightful, inspiring and joyous evening. I hope you enjoy looking through the images and that it inspires you to throw your own little dinner soiree!
p.s. This dinner party was just featured on StyleMePretty Living!!!
• 1/2 pound high quality bacon, sliced
• 1/2 stalk celery, thinly sliced
• 2 large leek, white part only, thinly sliced on the diagonal
• 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
• 3 sprigs fresh thyme
• 2 Tbsp. butter
• 8-10 medium-size Yukon Gold potatoes, quartered into bite-size cubes. Do not peel!
• 6 pounds small, raw Hog Island® Manila clams in the shell, rinsed (note: Hog Island estimates ~3/4 lb. of clams per serving)
• 1 quart heavy cream
• Salt and pepper
• Parsley for garnish
For the directions, see here.